From: purdy at tecman.com (Curt Purdy)
Subject: [inbox] Re: Anti-MS drivel

yossarian wrote:

>And a propos the ADS rant - you can hardly call it an MS invention. For me
>it is NDS revisited.

And a poor revisit at that.  I have had ADS crash and burn at two customers
in the last year (unfortunately no backup domain controllers - no we did not
set them up).  Check out MS's knowledge base article on repairing ADS.  It
is like a 50 page article that basically ends with "Re-install and restore
from tape and synch with other controllers".  I have NEVER seen that happen
with DNS in all the years I've worked with Netware.

Also have seen ADS get all confused more than once in multiple domain sites
requiring either finding the server with the least corruption and making it
authoritative, or restoring from a known good backup.  No way to run an
enterprise.  Again, whenever a problem has shown up in NDS, a simple
DSREPAIR has always fixed everything, without fail.

Curt Purdy CISSP, GSEC, MCSE+I, CNE, CCDA
Information Security Engineer
DP Solutions