From: Ian.Latter at mq.edu.au (Ian Latter)
Subject: OpenBSD 'pf' port (was FreeBSD heap to Linux)

> If anyone is currently working on this I'd like to hear from them.

I thought the ANU guys had made an ipfilter port to linux at about
(linux) kernel 2.0 (it was an option against ipfwadm) .. but I have
just done a quick search and I can't see any reference to that.

> It's not that I don't like OpenBSD, it's just that there are some projects
> where I need a decent firewall to be co-resident with Linux.  IPTables
> is not an option unless it's my only option.

What could you get from pf that you couldn't get from iptables (I've
not played with the little devil yet)?

--
Ian Latter
Internet and Networking Security Officer

 Meet me at the Australian Unix and open systems
   User Group (AUUG) Security Symposium; 2004
  http://www.auug.org.au/events/2004/security/