From: darkuncle at darkuncle.net (Scott Francis)
Subject: OpenBSD 'pf' port (was FreeBSD heap to Linux)

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 07:15:20AM +1000, Ian.Latter@...edu.au said:
> > If anyone is currently working on this I'd like to hear from them.
>
> I thought the ANU guys had made an ipfilter port to linux at about
> (linux) kernel 2.0 (it was an option against ipfwadm) .. but I have
> just done a quick search and I can't see any reference to that.
>

> > It's not that I don't like OpenBSD, it's just that there are some projects
> > where I need a decent firewall to be co-resident with Linux.  IPTables
> > is not an option unless it's my only option.
>
> What could you get from pf that you couldn't get from iptables (I've
> not played with the little devil yet)?

read the pf(4) and pf.conf(5) man pages and you'll have a pretty good idea.
There's also the highly informative pf User's Guide, with lots of sample
configs. All of this stuff is over at http://www.openbsd.org.
--
       Scott Francis | darkuncle(at)darkuncle(dot)net | 0x5537F527
"I gave you the chance of aiding me willingly, but you have elected the way