From: keith-list at mccammon.org (Keith W. McCammon)
Subject: more security people =3D less securityi

A couple of notes:

1) If this is the best thing you've seen on this list in a while, you
might be subscribed for the wrong reasons :)

2) All the newbies could get CISSPs right now, in all likelihood.  It's
just a test.  If you can read and remember, you're an "expert."  But
this doesn't mean that we're all screwed.

Instead of grabbing our collective ankles, we just do with the CISSP
what we did with the MCSE: Folks in hiring positions stop doing
colossally stupid things like putting "CISSP required" on position
descriptions because, after getting burned once or twice, they'll come
around and realize that passing a test doesn't mean s***.

These types of trends are always going to come and go.  And if you
really, really know what you're doing, you'll be fine in the long run.
I don't think anyone died from starvation during the dot-com bust.  A
few Benz-o's were repossessed, sure, but an 18-year-old kid doesn't need
a Benz anyway...