From: no.spam at arcor.de (Steffen Hetzel)
Subject: Re: Virus infect on single user

Hi,

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 13:18:49 +0200
"Rompax We Burn Everything" <rompax@...mail.com> wrote:

> I am a kind of newbiews on the virus matter but as everybody do, i
> want to keep my pc as safe as i can. i have install Mcaffe and Zone
> alarm pro for firewalls and i used some utilies to clean my machine
> from spyware and trojans.

Take a look at
http://www.ntsvcfg.de/ntsvcfg_us.html and
www.sysinternals.com
try to understand, why you dont need a Personal Firewall. And if you
think that you really need one, try KerioPF v2.1.5

May read: "Using Software Restriction Policies to Protect Against
Unauthorized Software" (you find it on the MS Website:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/rstrplcy.asp)

> What i would like to ask is if i will be more safe if i logon on my
> machine as a single user, since i don't have the privillage to
> install, instend of administrator

Yes, you are ... but using the "right" software is nessesary too... like
Firefox (aka Firebird/Phoenix) as Webbrowser... (that means, dont use
Software, that uses instances from IE)

> ... and a bit
> sorry about my poor english I work on Win XP prof.

... as well

Cheers

Steffen