From: irwanhadi at phxby.com (Irwan Hadi)
Subject: Another phishing attack

I just got another phishing attack. The interesting thing about this attack
is instead trying to trick me to open an URL, the 'phisher' tried to trick
me into clicking a zipped file.

The extracted file itself is clean of virusses as McAfee says:
ms# uvscan --version
Virus Scan for BSD v4.24.0
Copyright (c) 1992-2003 Networks Associates Technology Inc. All rights
reserved.
(408) 988-3832  LICENSED COPY - Jan 27 2003

Scan engine v4.2.40 for BSD.
Virus data file v4348 created Apr 06 2004
Scanning for 88550 viruses, trojans and variants.

ms#

ms# uvscan --summary www.fdic.com.fraud.security.pif.pif

Summary report on /tmp/www.fdic.com.fraud.security.pif.pif
File(s)
        Total files: ...........       1
        Clean: .................       1
        Not scanned: ...........       0
        Possibly Infected: .....       0
ms#

Moreover, based on strings result I can guess that once someone opens this
file, the file will "call home", though I can't find the IP address of where
this program is calling.
WSAStartup
connect
gethostbyname