From: madduck at madduck.net (martin f krafft)
Subject: Re: 1 patch for 1 vulnerabiliy for Linux and BSD?  gunna try and sell us a bridge now too?

also sprach Exibar <exibar@...lair.com> [2004.04.14.2218 +0200]:
> are you kidding me?  for years and years all I've heard from *nix
> people is how secure the OS is and that there aren't as many
> patches needed for it and if a vuln is found a patch is released
> right away....

I don't see why Debian should subject their users to having to
download multiple kernels when a couple of patches can be applied to
one updated release.

Aside from that, have you looked at the actual bugs? First, they are
very clearly contained, and second, they don't exactly affect the
majority, do they?

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net@...duck

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

"never speak disrespectfully of society.
 only people who can't get into it do that."
                                                        -- oscar wilde