From: keydet89 at yahoo.com (Harlan Carvey)
Subject: I'm looking for information about a file called winfix3.exe

Stacey,

It would seem that if you have a copy of the file, you
would be the one to be able to provide information
about it.

You have to remember, you can't necessarily expect to
find much if you're searching based on filename alone,
as that's probably the most easily altered thing about
a file.

Which Registry setting was changed?  Did you capture
any of the traffic it's allegedly generating?  Did you
run openports to determine whether or not the file is
responsible for the traffic?