From: bugtraq at war-driving.org (Marcus Specht)
Subject: Victory day - Sasser surrenders

Hi,

i do not really understand your subject line. Sasser is out in the wild
and the arrest of the author will not stop the worm. They arrested one
author but that will not stop people from writing the next worm.

I would call it victory day if Microsoft puts security as topic one on
their priority list. At the moment their security initiatives only
exists on powerpoint-marketing-papers.

Now i will get the answer that the user should install all of the
released fixes in time, but the nomal user does not even know how to
install fixes. The normal user has no knowledge about firewalls, system
fixes, trojans, viruses etc. This user just buys the pc and starts
getting online. This is why the develper of the system (Microsoft) has
to adress the problem asap.

Cheers
Marcus