From: barrie at reboot-robot.net (Barrie Dempster)
Subject: Flaws security feature of SP2

Was wondering how long it would talk for the holes to show up. SP2 isn't
the be all and end of windows security, although it is a step in the
right direction.

In my opinion MS has a lot of legacy code to address, preventing buffer
overflows from happening is all well and good but if the code still has
flaws like that they should be addressed as well. cmd featuring in this
advisory is possibly an indication of how this legacy code hasn't been
addressed.

I don't think MS have learnt that an SP, a couple of conferences and
occaisonally blurtng out buzzwords such as "Security in Depth" doesn't a
secure set up make.

Barrie

--
Barrie (zeedo) Dempster - Fortiter et Strenue

[ gpg --recv-keys --keyserver www.keyserver.net 0x96025FD0 ]

<spam type="places I think you should go">
Computer Security http://www.bsrf.org.uk
Do something good http://www.lp2p.org
Open Source Vulnerability Database http://www.osvdb.org
</spam>