From: jftucker at gmail.com (James Tucker)
Subject: Empirical data surrounding guards and firewalls.

Apologies, please explain the lack of differences, I'm not getting them.

Virtual:
"The door" - Port 80 - Closed after connection attempt. You come back,
it does the same, and then closes again. 404 Error not being
dissimilar to being told to get out.

Real:
Cops show up - As with the firewall, it does not actively stop you
from reconnecting. McDonalds staff did not prevent you from
re-entering the premesis themselves.

Measures in Both:
In the event of reconnection attempts the firewall logs would indicate
an attack and external policing would have to deal with the problem.

As far as I can see it the only difference is scaling, you can make
many many millions of requests before a flood warning appears, whereas
you only need to refuse to leave a few times before the police are
called. I guess humans have less patience than computers.

Of course I could be missing something?

Oh yeah, I did miss something, you can't "disconnect" someone from
being present in the building, as you can with a socket on a server.
But with reconnection scaling, is that really relevant? A little,
moreso in some circumstances, but not in this one.

Why complain about anologies when your response contains anaolgies
such as this one.

Did you really go into McDonalds and harrass the staff today and get
taken away by the police? Please say yes, that would make my day. ROFL
:)