From: evol at ruiner.halo.nu (evol@...ner.halo.nu)
Subject: Empirical data surrounding guards and firewalls.

> Apologies, please explain the lack of differences, I'm not getting them.
Of course...

> Virtual:
> "The door" - Port 80 - Closed after connection attempt. You come back,
> it does the same, and then closes again. 404 Error not being
> dissimilar to being told to get out.
Firewall let Evol through to conduct web transaction.  Does Mr James
understand firewall?

> Cops show up - As with the firewall, it does not actively stop you
> from reconnecting. McDonalds staff did not prevent you from
> re-entering the premesis themselves.
McDonalds did not allow buisness transaction.

> Measures in Both:
> In the event of reconnection attempts the firewall logs would indicate
> an attack and external policing would have to deal with the problem.
I think Mr James, you miss the point.

> As far as I can see it the only difference is scaling, you can make
> many many millions of requests before a flood warning appears, whereas
> you only need to refuse to leave a few times before the police are
> called. I guess humans have less patience than computers.
>
> Of course I could be missing something?
Yes, Firewalls and people are not equivalent.  Information technology has
no sentience Mr James.

> Oh yeah, I did miss something, you can't "disconnect" someone from
> being present in the building, as you can with a socket on a server.
> But with reconnection scaling, is that really relevant? A little,
> moreso in some circumstances, but not in this one.
Mr James, some things may easily be described as disconnected.

> Why complain about anologies when your response contains anaolgies
> such as this one.
Mr James, no complaints. Just empirical data.

> Did you really go into McDonalds and harrass the staff today and get
> taken away by the police? Please say yes, that would make my day. ROFL
> :)
Yes Mr James.  It seems another lesson that learned may be is, person
should never listen to PHD's.

-Evol