From: yossarian at planet.nl (yossarian)
Subject: Full-Disclosure Posts

Well, if it were a list for security professionals - with a consensus on
what security was and with a shared view how to look and act professional -
maybe. But then again, many people here would probably not qualify as
security pro in the economic sense - they are not employed in security per
s?, whilst many people so employed are ignorant of this list and the likes.
They sell firewalls in a box or ISO cretfication advice. Nanog on the other
hand is a list for people that might actually meet in jobrelated ways. FD
isn't, it is more for the vulnerability-inclined, while most security pro's
I meet are procedure minded. I have yet to meet a security officer that
could actually grasp a sniffer trace or an auditor that could read code....
And as far as security consultants go - well, ah, there are some good ones,
i guess. But maybe we could do a poll here: what job pays your bills. My
guess would be many sysadmins and proggers.

But not to worry, I can act professional myself, like wear a tie - if
someone could mail the link tothe manual on how to do the double windsor