From: purdy at tecman.com (Curt Purdy)
Subject: [in] Re: previledge password in cisco routers

Alen Capalik wrote:
> When did this list become a "how-to" of hacking for script kiddies?
> Why don't you just do it for him too?

Answer: always has been

> Who in his right mind
> would ask a question like he did, unless he's an idiot and
> has NO CLUE what that question means.

Personally, I am very interested in questions like this.  They help improve
my auditing abilities, whether it is specific methodologies I can use to
compromise a client's box before the bad guys do, or whether the answer just
sparks an idea that I find interesting.

Either way that is what F-D is all about.  The only BS I don't like on this
list is when those kiddies are stupid enough to open their mouth instead of
lurking and learning like I did on the BBS's and newsgroups of my younger
days.

Curt Purdy CISSP, GSEC, CNE, MCSE+I, CCDA
Information Security Engineer
DP Solutions