Date: Wed Jul 27 18:28:31 2005
From: mail at hackingspirits.com (Debasis Mohanty)
Subject: Defeating Microsoft WGA Validation Check

>> hi, I came across your site from the article at  <http://www.vnunet.com/>
www.vnunet.com about this validation workaround. I just have a question,
will this workaround work with Microsoft
>> Windows Update site?

I never tested it for Windows Update. However, as per M$ recent statement
windows update will work irrespective of the OS being genuine or not. The
test that I conducted was purely done for those Microsoft tools / products
available on the M$ download centre which installs only on a genuine copy of
Windows.

>> No where in the article or on your workaround instructions mentions how
this could also work with Windows Update site. Or I could have missed it or
something,
>> could this check work with W2K as well?

FYI: Microsoft has fixed this issue immediately after few days of the
workaround was released. So the workaround might not work for any of the
current downloads from M$ download centre. Bad Luck ... ;o)

There are still ways to circumvent WGA, I am currently working on it but
can't comment anything at this point of time.

Debasis Mohanty
www.hackingspirits.com

  _____