Date: Sat Jul 30 03:37:07 2005
From: measl at mfn.org (J.A. Terranson)
Subject: <Cisco Message> Mike Lynn's controversial
	Cisco Security Presentation

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu wrote:

> Unfortunately, there has been a temporal discontinuity between the departure
> of the quadrupeds and the closing of the barn doors.

Well put :-)

> There's only two ways to *effectively* deal with this one:
>
> a) Commence massive neural wipes of anybody who *might* have seen it.
>
> b) Obtain *and* *enforce* a permanent injunction banning anybody who's already
> seen it from meeting anybody who hasn't seen it in any establishment that
> serves Guiness.

Oh yeah, and by the way - they're going to have to make a copy of that
supposed "order" available to me in a form I can see it.  Telling me I
have to go to a website and see isn't going to help.  Is Cisco up to
sending a copy to every person on the planet?

To assert that these documents are not now TOTALLY within the public view
is absurd.

> deCSS, anybody? ;)

Precisely.

--
Yours,

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin@....org
0xBD4A95BF

I like the idea of belief in drug-prohibition as a religion in that it is
a strongly held belief based on grossly insufficient evidence and
bolstered by faith born of intuitions flowing from the very beliefs they
are intended to support.

don zweig, M.D.