Date: Sat Aug 20 04:20:13 2005
From: GabbarRang at netscape.net (Gabbar Sing)
Subject: SQL Injeciton.

Hi,

We have an internal web application written in PHP, in which the developer has got following line.

$query = mysql_query("select field1,field2 from table where field1='$field1fromuser';");

and is sending user input to backend using post method.

At first sight I though its very much vulnerible to SQL Injection, but I am not just able to demonstrate it. As when i send the character " ' " it just escapes it before sending query to db as " ' " thus  failing my injection.

I had also tried injecting sql using char but without any luck as the variable is within single quote. Hence it did plain text
comparison.

Can any one shed some light on this, as I am new to sql injection.

Gabbar.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.