Date: Sun Aug 28 22:56:45 2005
From: measl at mfn.org (J.A. Terranson)
Subject: violent words

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005, Peer Janssen wrote:

> I am new to this list.

Then perhaps you should lurk for a while?

> I suppose the goal of "full disclosure" is to make this world a better
> place.

No.  Not really.  FD is the place where ego's rule and manners are
unknown.  Think UseNet circa 1995.

> So I'm quite astonished about the tone I'm reading in the last mails.

If these bother you then you will likely not find this a very comforting
home.

> Is this the general tone here ?

Yes.

> I never read such a thing before.

Then you don't get out much, do you?

> Maybe in films, but this is real life, and you are real persons.

No - you and me are real persons.  Eric Scher is a wad of dick cheese.

> Why are you doing this to yourself? Is any of you feeling happier
> talking like this to your fellow human beings?

Quite.  Thanks for asking.

> And in front of probably thousands of people?

Hrmmm... Thousands?  I don't know that FD has that kind of penetration
anymore - but *maybe*.

> Is this the kind of world you want to create?

It the kind of world we're already IN peer.  Dig it or check out, right?

> I guess I somewhat understand both your point of view and what your
> friction is about, but I think if you try and put yourself in the shoes
> of your diskussion partner, you could figure out some way to get along
> better. I'm sure you can do that.

I don't think so.

> I appreciate franc words which are better than keeping silent about
> injustice, but I also suppose that gentle and humble -- everybody has
> some dark sides -- words will generally work better.

Words are, unfortunately, all we have (for now anyway.  I'm working on the
rest though).  So we might as weell use them ;-)

> Cheers
> Peer

//Alif

--
Yours,

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin@....org
0xBD4A95BF

I like the idea of belief in drug-prohibition as a religion in that it is
a strongly held belief based on grossly insufficient evidence and
bolstered by faith born of intuitions flowing from the very beliefs they
are intended to support.

don zweig, M.D.