Date: Mon Sep  5 05:33:28 2005
From: mike.benjamin at clarinet.com.au (Michael L Benjamin)
Subject: Who wrote Maximum Security?

The first edition certainly peeked my interest when I came across it. It seemed very
amatuerish from  a written perspective though, which let the content down a bit and made
It quite hard to follow. The author seemed to have a deep understanding of some subjects
but only a light coverage of others. Overall good, but not worth what they were trying
to charge in the shops for it. I blame the editorial approach mainly I guess. I hope it's
improving in future editions.

The best book I've encountered is, I can highly recommend it, it's the best $32.99 USD you
will ever spend on a computer security text... period:

Hacking Exposed 5th Edition (Hacking Exposed) (Paperback)
Stuart McClure, Joel Scambray, George Kurtz

It has a companion book I haven't looked at too closely yet:
Windows Server 2003 (Hacking Exposed) (Paperback)

Cheers, Mike.