Date: Sat Sep 10 00:22:50 2005
From: rara at navigo.com (Rachael Treu Gomes)
Subject: Moderated?

How time flies...I didn't think it was yet time for our
quarterly "Hey-I've-got-a-great-idea-let's-clean-up-this-list-
-there's-no-place-like-bugtraq!" thread...

Just to retain the proper balance between the question being
asked and the previous reasoning being referenced...

Our FD "dedicated guys" are:

The list was created on 9th July 2002 by Len Rose, and is
primarily concerned with security issues and their discussion.
The list is administered by John Cartwright.
</list_charter_Introduction&Purpose_snip>

Our expectations on FD moderation:

The [Full-Disclosure] list is unmoderated.
</list_charter_Moderation_&_Management_snip>

And our expectations of posting praxes on FD:

Disagreements, flames, arguments, and off-topic discussion
should be taken off-list wherever possible.
</list_charter_Acceptable_Content_snip>

(It's that "wherever possible" clause that gets us every
time...for FD, it's rarely possible to duplicate the thrill
of spanking your fellow subscribers in such an open flog
forum, so trolling and roiling is thereby permissible and
rarely ported off-list.)

;)

Thus spake the FD Mailing List Charter, brought to you by
http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html

No flame intended,
--ra