Date: Thu Dec  1 23:07:11 2005
From: nick at virus-l.demon.co.uk (Nick FitzGerald)
Subject: Most common keystroke loggers?

php0t wrote:

[top-posting-itis corrected]
> > I agree but what about the second random password and challenge
> > authentification? Both should be unique and usage once.
>
>   How'bout adding direct printing on lpt of new one-time usage passwords? :)

So you will limit access to your services to only those that happen to
have a printer with them?  Note to self -- buy larger laptop carry bag
and "protable" printer so can keep using online banking...   8-)

> In order to get the passwords, they'd have to hook the printing, too. Not
> too common, yet.

In fact, so uncommon I've not heard of it.

Irrelevant though -- it is far too easily broken and if the OP is
trying to protect anything sufficiently "valuable" you can bet it will
be broken, as doing so is just too easy...

(And I won't even get started on the need of such a web-based system to
require ActiveX and/or system-access privileged Java applets to work at
all "properly", but will note that, as a general rule, if you need your
users to lower or weaken the security of their machines to improve the
security of your system, then there is something fundamentally borked
in _your_ design!)

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald