Date: Wed Dec 21 17:47:40 2005
From: peer at baden-online.de (Peer Janssen)
Subject: Character vulnerabilities

Hi list,

I read so many postings on this list of people who seemingly do not
control their anger, fury etc. which seems to bump their heads straight
at their ceilings.

Do you really consider this as qualities of a security
researcher/consultant/employee/...?

I'd rather consider them vulnerabilities which might expose them to
social engineering attacks or to being blinded by their own rage, which
can easily result in destructive carelessness in many areas.

I don't think that it makes a good publicity for a company to work with
security people not mastering themselves. Why would you entrust them
with your systems if they react so emotionally? Shouldn't they rather be
clear-minded, rational, controlling themselves, etc., when dealing in
any way with security issues?

So please, do yourself and those around you a favor and change; you CAN
do it, and you will make everybody happier, and youself more efficient,
if happyness is not your thing.

So cheer up, and take it a bit more easily!
Peer