Date: Thu Jun 29 06:44:06 2006
From: raoul at elforsoft.com (Raoul Nakhmanson-Kulish (en))
Subject: Free antivirus software

Hello, Arsen Kirillov!

On 11.05.2006 12:10 you wrote:

> Looking for something like Free AV software for Win32 OS's. If u r
> using something good - pls let me know!
I use this combination (both are an opensource):
ClamWin 0.88.2.3 http://www.clamwin.com
and
WinPooch 0.5.10 http://winpooch.free.fr/

ClamWin is only scanner (true, with Outlook plugin), but WinPooch is an
universal monitor (file, registry, network) which scans any launched
executable before run with the Clam engine.

WinPooch has an annoying bug (problem with an UNC paths) and too
complicated GUI alerts and warnings for dummies, but anyway it's one of
best resident monitors I have seen.

--
Regards,
Raoul Nakhmanson-Kulish,