Date: Mon Jul 10 12:21:57 2006
From: baartt at baartt.com (Bartlomiej Szymanski)
Subject: Postfix configuration

Hello,

I have a problem with message delivery via Postfix. I build a network,
using VMware, consisting of three standalone FreeBSD machines.
I named them: FREEBSD1, FREEBSD2 and FREEBSD3.

On each of the machine I installed Postfix 2.2 and configured it.

Now I have a problem: when I am sending message from FREEBSD1 using
Postfix on FREEBSD2, I am getting the following error:

Jul  5 16:38:31 FREEBSD2 postfix/smtp[1059]: 7C1FEB0B2:
to=<bartek@...EBSD1.FREEBSD2>, orig_to=<bartek@...EBSD1>, relay=none,
delay=1, status=bounced (Host or domain name not found. Name service
error for name=FREEBSD1.FREEBSD2 type=A: Host not found)

I know, that some settings in main.cf are wrong, but I cannot find out.
I added the names and IPs to /etc/hosts. I can ping FREEBSD1 and so on.
In my opinion smth. wrong with relaying and domains/hostnames.

If you have any ide just email me.

Regards,
Bartek Szymanski