Date: Tue Jul 11 19:28:35 2006
From: xploitable at gmail.com (n3td3v)
Subject: 70 million computers are using Windows 98 right
	now

Cardoso wrote:
> Is it a hard mesure? Yes. Is it a high price to reduce the number of
> zombie networks around the globe? No. I think the sypware guys will take
> care of their own doom.

Who's doom though? You think insecure WIndows 98 boxen will only affect
Windows 98 users? No, all users of Microsoft products are now at risk. We've
got 70 million dedicated Windows 98 geeks who are saying, we're not updating
to Windows XP. Meanwhile, Microsoft could collapse under its own weight if a
*major* unpatched Microsoft Windows 98 vulnerability comes along. I'm sure
virii writers are wetting themselves at the prospect of attacking XP/Vista
with Windows 98 machines. I'm personally annoyed at the slant the media have
taken by saying this is a Windows 98 issue. No, its a Microsoft family issue
and a global issue. It could spark wide spread problems for everyone, not
just Windows 98. You don't need to be using Windows 98 right now to be
worried, everyone should be on a high state of alert, anything could happen
as a result of Microsoft's actions. Its right to be paranoid, and its right
to be a drama queen sometimes, this is one of those times.