Date: Thu Jul 13 09:01:00 2006
From: lise_moorveld at yahoo.com (Lise Moorveld)
Subject: MIMESweeper For Web 5.X Cross Site Scripting

Hi,

In my opinion, there are two possibilities... the
injected code is executed in the context of the banned
website, or the injected code is executed in the
context of the "Access denied"-page served by
MIMESweeper.
The latter would be the case if MIMESweeper redirects
to a page of its own, the former would be the case if
MIMESweeper replaced the content of the reply of the
webserver of the denied website with it's "Access
denied"-message.
Unfortunately I don't have MIMESweeper around to test
this, but maybe someone else can verify this?
If the latter scenario is true and the code is
executed in the context of the MIMESweeper website AND
there is a web-based admin-interface running on the
same domain... this issue may allow attackers to
obtain access to the admin-interface...

- Lise

http://BannedSite.com/<HTML>forged_page_content_in_here</HTML>