Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 19:01:34 +0200
From: Anders B Jansson <hdw@...listi.se>
To: Giorgio Fedon <giorgio.fedon@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Busting The Bluetooth Myth

Giorgio Fedon wrote:

> The "thinly veiled advert" was to mention that either:
>
> 1. He is using a pireted version of the bluetooth sniffer;
> 2. He has downloaded a pirated version of the bluetooth sniffer and
> printed a pdf of the readme inside;
> 3. He is the author of the pirated version of the bluetooth sniffer.

Erh?
Are we talking of pirate as in "stealing our holy IP", where
'IP' as in using j.random BT as a BT sniffer or 'IP' as in the
words "bluetooth sniffer"?

As far as I can understand the statement it was frikken obvious.

You _can_ use j.random BT dongle _if_ you have the required
software.

Well 'doh!', of course you can.

But you need a piece of software that can do that.

The use of the phrase "the bluetooth sniffer" got me wondering.

Do you really think that there's only one single software that
can do this?

It's like stating that there's one software to capture
audio from a microphone and that all other audiorecorders
are 'pirated software'.

Or a network device? A firewire device? A USB device?

Sniffers are essential tools, if available they'll be used.
If not available, they'll be created, if available but bad,
broken or too expensive they'll be recreated.

--
// hdw