Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 20:15:05 +0200
From: "Giorgio Fedon" <giorgio.fedon@...il.com>
To: "Anders B Jansson" <hdw@...listi.se>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Busting The Bluetooth Myth

----------------- To Thierry:

> Oh, dear, here is my "thinly veiled advert" for you :

> - You can potentially be sued for this (I would sue you,
>  see you are slandering a consultant here that gets jobs based
>  on his reputation)

First of all I haven't said anything that could not be rebated.
So I am not slandering anyone. I just said what I'm thinking at the moment;
maybe Max Moser can make me change my mind.

> you refer to ? I have read the paper and found none, where did you ?

The software is described into detail inside the paper.
Dongle activation, .ini files and .dcu files. This seems to run on
Windows. I know only one software like this one (Maybe you are using it as
well).

> Where is he promoting Software Piracy ?  I have read the paper and found
none, where did you ?

Those software are based upon a dongle (USB Bluetooth in this case).
If you can clone the dongle, you could be able to easily clone the software.

> First, I knew nothing about such a "release" until YOU posted information
about the name
> of a (what apparently is) a Warez group

I'm sorry this was my mistake, but there wasn't any direct link to the
release.
Anyway I found this stuff after I have read the .pdf document. At first I
have found the vendor
then I have searched in google "Vendor + CSR dongle" and I found that.

> Second, you apparently assume the Warez group is the same person that
wrote the paper, which is
> a very ignorant assumption to make, not to mention a dangerous one.

I never told this.

> The opensource community I think that is able to do it's own research
without software piracy.

Read it as not forcing (or partially forcing) the protection of commercial
software.

I agree with you

Content of type "text/html" skipped