Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 16:53:46 +0100
From: "Alaa Abdelwahab" <alaa.abdelwahab@...e.fr>
To: "'Mikael Abrahamsson'" <swmike@....pp.se>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: The war in Palestine

Mikael

> This opinion is causing the majority of the bloodshed in the world today.

What is causing the bloodshed is the unjust arrangements that are tying to
be forced somewhere, the same like your example after the WW I.

>The argument can be made that Israel also tried peace, but it was responded
>with my bombings etc. Atrocities have been commited by both sides, this is
>an never ending argument. Both sides need to decide that they want peace,
>make sure they have representatives that also believe in this, and then
>they need to sit down and decide what to do, execute it and at the same
>time curb extremism in their own midst.

What peace they have tried? Did they agree on the tens of UN resolutions:

- Palestinian Refugees have the right to return to their homes in Israel.
(General Assembly Resolution 194, Dec. 11, 1948 )
- Israel's occupation of Palestine is Illegal. (Security Council Resolution
242, Nov. 22, 1967 )
- Israel's settlements in Palestine are Illegal. (Security Council
Resolution 446, March 22, 1979)
- Palestinian have the right to Self-Determination. (General Assembly
Resolution 3236, November 22, 1974)
- Reaffirmation of a Palestinian State. (Security Council Resolution 1397,
March 12, 2002)
- The 1947 Partition plan of Palestine and the creation of Israel. (UN
General Assembly Resolution 181)
- Recommends Israel suspend its no-man's zone' in Jerusalem. (Resolution
127)

All above UN resolutions and other tens of other resolutions to deplores the
Israeli terror attacks against Lebanon/Jordan/Syria/Palestine/.... were just
been ignored by Israel and instead they are just trying to force their own
view of peace, I don't call this peace.

Maybe you have a different definition of the terror acts.

When a man bomb himself and kills tens of civil ppl this is a terror act,
but also when a powerful country sends its troupes inside another country
and kills a thousands civil ppl this is a terror act as well.

Don't tell me it is doing that to protect itself.

To protect itself it should respect the UN resolutions. That should only
bring peace to the whole area and we all live in peace.

What I believe is that the UN should force Israel to respect its
resolutions, the same way they did in Iraq and Yugoslavia.

>This is the current situation, it wasn't like this historically. Trying to
>argue that one side is evil by looking at latest developments is always a
>slippery road. You just before said that there were 5000 rockets launched
>in the past 8 years into Israel? Isn't that evil?
>This leads nowhere.

As per the UN resolution which defined Israel as an "occupation forces",
that gives the right to the Palestinian to resist. Any way they see, and we
all should support them.
And as per the International Humanitarian Law "the Geneva Conventions", the
safety and securing a good life for the Palestinian ppl is the
responsibility of Israel.

>Force? As opposed to the parties involved here, I am writing/talking,
>instead of promoting bloodshed.

When I said "force YOUR" didn't mean you, sorry for the misunderstanding it
is my bad.

Brgds...Alaa