Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 10:55:28 -0600
From: Rohit Patnaik <quanticle@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Facebook Police

Actually, I'm not sure what the issue is here.  Facebook is a public forum.  Underage drinking is an illegal act.  If
you post evidence of yourself committing an illegal act to a public forum, the police are free to come and arrest you,
and use the pictures that you posted as evidence against you.

The only complaint here seems to be that the police violated Facebook's Terms of Service in "friending" these underage
drinkers and gathering evidence against them.  However, I'm not sure how that's illegal in any way.  If it were,
undercover investigations and sting operations of all sorts would be illegal.

As I see it, these are kids who were caught out in their own stupidity, for doing something that they know to be
illegal, and then posting pictures.  Now these same kids are whining because the police were marginally more tech-savvy
than they assumed.

--Rohit Patnaik