Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 08:04:28 +0000
From: "Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd]"
	<cal.leeming@...plicitymedialtd.co.uk>
To: Daniël W. Crompton <daniel.crompton@...il.com>,
	full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: High performance exception/traceback
	reporting system

Oh, having support for XMPP/AMQP would be extremely nice, ideally I'd want
to try and make it compatible with as many different messaging systems as
possible.

On top of this, each supported language would have a library containing
out-of-the-box functions which has every type of messaging/transport option
available. This means the developer can;

   - Choose to use the system out-of-the-box, using the self contained
   messaging system binaries, and simply copy and paste the exception handling
   library / code.

   - Choose to optimize the system by not using the self contained binaries
   (for example, specifying an external database / messaging system to use
   etc).

   - Modify the exception handling code to suit there needs, rather than
   having to write one up from scratch.

As for the fingerprint hashes, this is a really good idea and would make the
reporting aspect very efficient, so I'll be sure to include this.

I'd never heard of SIEM before, after looking on wikipedia I came across
"NitroSecurity" SIEM which sure does look interesting. I'm gonna have a
flick through some of these sites for some inspiration, this may end up
turning in quite a big project!

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 7:54 AM, Daniël W. Crompton <
daniel.crompton@...il.com> wrote:

> Hi Cal,
>
> I've been thinking of this issue over the weekend and imagined one of the
> solutions to have a messaging system which accepted inputs from different
> languages and transforms these into a report which can be put into a bug
> reporting tool which could use hashes to fingerprint the bugs so you can see
> which are the errors which are causing the most problems.
>
> Sounds like a good plugin for a SIEM too.
>
> D.
>

> On 13 February 2011 17:50, Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] <
> cal.leeming@...plicitymedialtd.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I haven't started development on this yet, I will post the location of the
>> project once I've begun (hopefully next week!)
>>
>> Cal
>>

>> On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 4:36 PM, Daniël W. Crompton <
>> daniel.crompton@...il.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Is there any place I can retrieve the code?
>>>
>>> D.

>>> --
>>> blaze your trail
>>>
>>> --