Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 08:19:31 -0500
From: Laurelai <laurelai@...echan.org>
To: Darren Martyn <d.martyn.fulldisclosure@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: VPN provider helped track down alleged
 LulzSec member

On 9/29/2011 3:51 AM, Darren Martyn wrote:
> Again, I hope this does not fail to send.
> The reasoning behind the "Pure Elite" recruitment channel was A: to
> recruit some talented people (and, by all accounts, there were some
> talented programmers there) and B: development and idle talk. Now more
> interesting was the reasoning behind the name - by putting the
> developers and coders and potential recruits in a channel named "Pure
> Elite", it was essentially an ego boost for the new guys, made them
> feel valued, etc, when in fact most were but pawns to be used (IMHO).
>
> This co-operation between VPN providers and LEO, while being nothing
> new - remember how hushmail caved in - is indeed worrying for those of
> us who are privacy advocates as well as security researchers.
>
> On a more direct note, Laurelei, do not presume that you know all
> there is to know about them. Doing so would be foolish. (Now don't go
> assuming that I hate you, I bear you bugger all ill-will, etc).
> Good day.
>
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 5:44 AM, Laurelai Storm <laurelai@...echan.org
> <mailto:laurelai@...echan.org>> wrote:
>
>     Its all good dude. What really concerns me is that vpn providers
>     might give over logs to oppressive regemes. TOR is starting to
>     look better and better.
>
>     On Sep 27, 2011 11:40 PM, "GloW - XD" <doomxd@...il.com
>     <mailto:doomxd@...il.com>> wrote:
>     > never did... was only for one buttcheek kid that i was alittle
>     pissed and
>     > thinking things wich, prolly were wrong at the time...
>     > I am adult enough to apologise for what happened back then, and
>     hopefully it
>     > is just, cool.
>     > :)
>     > cheers, your loved by many, you just have many trollers to :sp
>     > take care ,
>     > xd
>     >
>     >
>     > On 28 September 2011 14:32, Laurelai Storm
>     <laurelai@...echan.org <mailto:laurelai@...echan.org>> wrote:
>     >
>     >> Im suprised, someone on the internet who *doesn't * hate me :p
>     >> On Sep 27, 2011 11:29 PM, "GloW - XD" <doomxd@...il.com
>     <mailto:doomxd@...il.com>> wrote:
>     >> > Hello Laurelai ,
>     >> > Oh i agree it is still a terrible precedent to be set.. I
>     dont even know
>     >> > where, legally, i stand anymore...
>     >> > It is rather disturbing, nomatter WHO it was laurela.
>     >> > I am all for the hatred against the VPN provs, and this is
>     not just
>     >> > happening here, and i made a BIG statement about this, and
>     privacy, in my
>     >> > channel on efnet, first as i saw it.
>     >> >
>     >> > Then saw a torrentfreak feed,of someone who was an owner of a
>     huge
>     >> torrent
>     >> > site, was handed to authorities, not by the hoster, no... but
> [...]

I don't assume i know everything about them, and I'm all for hearing
other points of view so i bear no ill will for your comments and im
happy to hear any insights people have on this matter :)  What I do know
however is Kayla's perspective of the situation as she told me and what
Ive gathered with public information. When i say the guy was never a
part of lulzsec i mean it in the respect that Kayla never considered him
a member, they didn't consider people in the pure elite channel to be
members and you are right that they were potential recruits but only 6
people were considered actual members of lulzsec and that's according to
Kayla, if she was telling me the truth and her information was accurate
then this person was never really a part of their group.

Content of type "text/html" skipped