Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 17:35:50 +0100
From: Darren Martyn <d.martyn.fulldisclosure@...il.com>
To: Laurelai <laurelai@...echan.org>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk, Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu
Subject: Re: VPN providers and any providers in general...

*laughs* I wholeheartedly agree, and the fact it is considered a "beautiful
language" shows me that anyone who considers it beautiful in any way shape
or form MUST be on fairly heavy doses of LSD... (I myself use Perl quite a
bit, as I can understand it and it is relatively easy to use).

My comments regarding intoxicants and coding/hacking are a errant thought
regarding the fact that sometimes a malicious hacker may well be of impaired
judgement (intoxicated) while doing evil work, and often may well feel
remorse afterwards.
One malicious/blackhat hacker I know of happened to suffer a LOT of personal
grief (ruined his personal life for a while and suffered a bit of mental
imbalance for a while) as a result of his drinking habits and his
obsessiveness with his "work". And that was before law enforcement caught up
with him. Strangely enough, since LE got involved he has been on the
straight and narrow - sober for a while - and getting along with his
education, along with fixing his own affairs. We recently discussed how he
felt his actions were kind of an endless black hole - he felt he just could
not stop, as it was the only thing he could "rely on".

Remember - even the malicious guys are human too. The media and such often
gloss over the human aspects of an incident.

Perhaps Christian can cease and desist with his pointless flaming and if he
has an issue he can perhaps directly email those of us who "offend" him
rather than clogging the thread with anger?

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 6:38 PM, Laurelai <laurelai@...echan.org> wrote:

> On 10/3/2011 8:36 AM, Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 09:11:33 PDT, Laurelai said:
>>
>>  I know a guy who codes perl on LSD, writes good code too.
>>>
>> To be fair, it's hard to tell if perl code was written with or without the
>> use of LSD.
>>
>> It's certainly a language that shows LSD influence in the design. :)
>>
> I know right? When i study it it almost feels like im watching a pink floyd
> video.

Content of type "text/html" skipped