Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 16:41:57 +0000
From: Bacon Zombie <baconzombie@...il.com>
To: "Chris C. Russo" <chris@...ciumsec.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: A damn aweful facebook DOS

There seem to be a hard limit via the main website interface but I
have not check modifying the post or using another means { raw, API,
Facebook App, etc}.

"Status updates must be less than 63,206 characters. You have entered
73,979 characters here. Notes can be much longer. Would you like to
edit and post your update as a Note instead?"

Regards,

--
ฤ๊๊๊๊๊็็็็็๊๊๊๊๊็็็็
ฮ้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

BaconZombie

LOAD "*",8,1

On 9 November 2012 15:31, Chris C. Russo <chris@...ciumsec.com> wrote:
> On 09/11/2012 11:29 a.m., Bill Weiss wrote:
>> Chris C. Russo(chris@...ciumsec.com)@Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 04:28:33AM -0300:
>>> Good news everyone!
>>>
>>> The last time I reported a security flaw to facebook, it took around 6
>>> weeks until they replied,
>>> telling me that there was no flaw at all. Perhaps that's why I decided
>>> to make public any flaw on facebook from now on.
>> [cut some technical details for readability]
>>> (Properly replace the <EXTREMLY LONG MESSAGE HERE> before testing)
>>>
>>> This might not be the best vulnerability description ever,
>>> but I hope it helps solving the condition as soon as possible. Have fun.
>> What length of EXTREMELY LONG MESSAGE were you using in testing?  1K
>> bytes, 1M, 1G?
>>

> I couldn't tell, I started up with 1,000 chars and increased 1,000 by
> 1,000 until 100,000 with parallel connections. But certainly, even if
> you only full the text input using the regular UI from facebook, you'll
> crash any regular box, or tablet.
> Perhaps you should try with 1 Gb tho and see what happens, there's test
> users you can create from the facebook.com/whitehat.
>
> --
> Success, *forward, quick.* Chris C. Russo
>
> Más de 100,000 Km recorridos, conservo direcciones, presiono con
> ambición, avanzo con delicadeza, flexibilizo para alcanzar, creo
> escenarios, cambio realidades.
>
> w: www.calciumsec.com
> e: chris@...ciumsec.com

BaconZombie