Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 20:25:45 +0000
From: Microsoft Security Response Center <secure@...rosoft.com>
To: 'Pedro Luis Karrasquillo' <peter_toyota@...mail.com>,
 "full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk" <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: <b>Where are you guys standing re: the (full)
 disclosure question?</b>

Microsoft takes security vulnerability reports at secure@...rosoft.com, as Dieyu mentioned on Friday.

-----Original Message-----
From: Full-Disclosure [mailto:full-disclosure-bounces@...ts.grok.org.uk] On Behalf Of Pedro Luis Karrasquillo
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2013 9:04 PM
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] <b>Where are you guys standing re: the (full) disclosure question?</b>

Ok.
Connect.microsoft.com is not accepting Server 2k8 DNS bugs, and I did not find a specific place in TechNet to report either. Felt like going in circles between MS Contact Us page and the connect.microsoft.com.
Maybe you are right, I may lack a certain level of patience...
Went ahead and started a chat session with MS support. It went like this:
-------------------------

General Info
Chat start time  Dec 13, 2013 11:34:07 PM EST Chat end time  Dec 13, 2013 11:46:23 PM EST Duration (actual chatting time)  00:12:15 Operator  Germaine

Chat Transcript
info: Please wait for an agent to respond.  You are currently '1' in the queue.
info: Privacy Statement
 You are now chatting with 'Germaine'.
Germaine: Thank you for contacting Microsoft Customer Service chat. This chat service is designed to assist you with site navigation, technical support case submission, and customer service questions.
Germaine: If you need technical support, I can provide you with your support options or help you submit your case to the appropriate support professional who can work with you to resolve your issue.
Germaine: How may I help you, Pedro?
pedro: are you a human?
Germaine: Yes, I am. How can I help you?
pedro: i want to submit a bug report for Windows Server 2008 R2 DNS server
pedro: it has a flaw
Germaine: You have 2 options:
Germaine: Either you submit it through our Microsoft Technet Forums or Connect.microsoft.com.
pedro: connect.micro is not accepting bugs for 2008
pedro: and technet has nowhere to submit bugs either. already checked.
pedro: unless it is out of the way.. I am a security researcher. I plan to disclose.
Germaine: Let me check my resources.
Germaine: Reporting a bug, Pedro, can be through U.S. Mail, Support Incident and Product Feedback Tool.
Germaine: For U.S Mail, mail your report to Attn: Development Group , Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052.
Germaine: To use Support Incident, if you have a subscription with technical benefits, you may submit a case and our Support Professional will take a look at it.
Germaine: For Product Feedback Tool, you may visi Windows Server 2008 R2 Product Support page and provide a feedback.
Germaine: You may reach our Support professional by following this link:
Germaine: Submit an Incident - Online Assisted Support
pedro: i do not have a subscription, sorry.
Germaine: Well, you can do the other two options: U.S. Mail & Product Feedback Tool.
pedro: I may have to just publish. I hate to see Windows DNS servers being used for DDoS attacks so easly, you know? With it being an easy fix and all.
pedro: Thank you, Germaine.
Germaine: You're welcome, Pedro.
Germaine: If there's nothing else, I will close this session now.
Germaine: Thank you for using Microsoft Customer Service chat.
Germaine: Have a good one, Pedro!

I read all of the responses to this thread so far and I appreciate all your opinions.
After the chat with MS rep, I feel like disclosing. For one, the bug is not a huge deal, just annoying that your server can be used to help in DDoS someone so easily, and two, MS did not seem interested in bugs for last gen products.