Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 15:12:37 -0400
From: Sullo <csullo@...il.com>
To: Andres Riancho <andres.riancho@...il.com>
Cc: fulldisclosure@...lists.org
Subject: Re: [FD] Legality of Open Source Tools

After a dozen-ish years of Nikto and some other tools, it's not been a
problem for me either.

However, it doesn't have to be illegal for someone to sue you, or include
you in a court case, which can ruin your day and possibly cost you money
regardless of right or wrong.  Having disclaimers and a license with a
forum selection clause can make your life easier should the worst case
thing happen.

Just my $.02--the closest I am to being a lawyer is having watched Boston
Legal.

-Sullo

to DoS something

http://www.cirt.net     |      http://rvasec.com/