Date:	Mon, 13 Jun 2011 19:06:22 -0400
From:	"werner" <w.landgraf@...ru>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, torvalds@...ux-foundation.org
Subject: problems with mtp , better to make a command-line option to
 can switch off mtp device search on booting

I get yesterday an acer laptop with big problems to
install Linux

booting stopped with error messages like:

physmap_flash.0 failed claim ressource 0

L440GX flash mapping failed to find PIIX4 ISA bridge,
cannot continue

Then the computer stopped, but not crashed, the cursor
stopped to blink, but reboot
with CTRL-ALT-DEL didn't work, one had to press the reboot
button

I recompiled the kernel with all MTP things switched off,
and that booted.

However, normally it should be compiled everything in the
kernel, and the kernel
during booting should manage it to see and to use what is
existent in the computer
of the user, without to stick or to crash.

Probably that is an error already sine time in the kernel,
not a recent regression.

Better to make a command-line option to can switch off mtp
device search on booting

wl

I have problems to post something from my home computer
site  guyane.yi.org or SYS-Linux.yi.org :

Deferred: 451 4.7.1 Hello [93.121.138.180], for recipient
address the policy analysis reported: Greylisted, see
http://isg.ee.ethz.ch/tools/postgrey/help/vger.kernel.org.html
---
Professional hosting for everyone - http://www.host.ru