Date:	Sun, 29 Apr 2012 15:42:17 +0200
From:	Grzegorz Nosek <root@...aldomain.pl>
To:	Alan Stern <stern@...land.harvard.edu>
CC:	linux-usb@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	support@...ermicro.com
Subject: Re: EHCI software retries break Supermicro IPKVM

W dniu 19.04.2012 19:40, Alan Stern pisze:
> Do you have any idea what's going wrong?

Nope. I found this workaround by bisecting.

> Can you provide complete dmesg logs for kernels both with and without
> your patch (and with CONFIG_USB_DEBUG enabled)?  Maybe also usbmon
> traces too.

Attached. Sorry it took so long, it was rather hard to align time when I
can easily reboot this machine with when I actually had the time to do it.

Note: USB support is compiled in the kernel image, so I couldn't attach
usbmon very early. Instead, I captured usbmon traces (and dmesgs since
boot) from connecting and disconnecting an ISO image via the KVM's
virtual CD drive, which exhibits the same problems (the IPKVM is visible
as an USB keyboard, an USB mouse and two USB CD-ROM drives).

Best regards,
  Grzegorz Nosek

View attachment "usb-bad.txt" of type "text/plain" (236321 bytes)

View attachment "usb-bad-usbmon.txt" of type "text/plain" (15719 bytes)

View attachment "usb-good.txt" of type "text/plain" (108623 bytes)

View attachment "usb-good-usbmon.txt" of type "text/plain" (59526 bytes)