Date:	Fri, 26 Sep 2008 21:28:35 +0200
From:	Patrick McHardy <kaber@...sh.net>
To:	jdb@...x.dk
CC:	"netdev@...r.kernel.org" <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Bisect'ed BUG in VLAN promisc mode (6c78dcbd47)

Patrick McHardy wrote:
> Jesper Dangaard Brouer wrote:

>>> I'm pretty sure we fixed this already in commit 0ed21b32.
>>
>> I think that I have tested including this commit.  The first thing I did
>> was to test with latest DaveM net-2.6 git tree.
>
> Let me see if I can reproduce it ...

Actually - one question: you're saying you're using different MAC
addresses on the VLAN devices, so I guess thats why you're expecting
the underlying device to still be in promiscous mode after you set
eth1.1025 down. For devices that support multiple unicast addresses
in hardware, we don't put the device in promiscous mode anymore.
So the question is: is something actually not working, or did you
just notice that the real device is no longer in promiscous mode?