Date:	Sat, 30 Jan 2010 22:47:46 +0100
From:	Lee <lee-in-berlin@....de>
To:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Several OOPSes in net/sched/sch_generic.c, kernel/softirq.c (and
 other places)

Hello there,

I have witnessed several kernel oopses in a vanilla 2.6.32 kernel of different
patch levels. The only effect of the kerneloops is that sometimes the
throughput of the LAN NIC is extremly low (< 500kbit/s). I need some help as I
have no idea why it is happening and where it's coming from (kernel bug?
faulty h/w? config error?).

As I have no idea how I can trigger this oops -- it just happens after a few
hours of running -- I'll list what I'm using the machine for: it's running
Debian squeeze with a custom built kernel, vanilla 2.6.32.7 (.config
attached). I use this machine as a router (two NICs), and use an USB ISDN
device with asterisk. A WLAN AP is running over the USB wireless stick
(rt73usb + hostapd 0.6.9), which is bridged with the LAN side of the one NIC.
There is also a DVB-T card in there controlled by mythtv. I tried swapping the
two PCI cards (r8169 and saa7134), guessing the problem may be IRQ related,
but it didn't help.

I'm not experienced with the kernel programming, but I can patch and recompile
my kernel to isolate the problem if somebody shows me the direction.

Kind regards,
Lee

P.S. Keep me CC: as I'm off-list.

The oopses:
http://www.kerneloops.org/submitresult.php?number=1147708
http://www.kerneloops.org/submitresult.php?number=1149556
http://www.kerneloops.org/submitresult.php?number=1151131
http://www.kerneloops.org/submitresult.php?number=1154201
http://www.kerneloops.org/submitresult.php?number=1160155
http://www.kerneloops.org/submitresult.php?number=1128398
http://www.kerneloops.org/submitresult.php?number=1141755
http://www.kerneloops.org/submitresult.php?number=1145598
http://www.kerneloops.org/submitresult.php?number=1092906
http://www.kerneloops.org/submitresult.php?number=1095111

attached:
two last oopses (which didn't get reported by the program kerneloops)
kernel config
cat /proc/interrupts > proc_interrupts
lspci > lspci
lsusb > lsusb

View attachment "oops Jan 29 2010.txt" of type "text/plain" (3003 bytes)

View attachment "oops Jan 30 2010.txt" of type "text/plain" (3301 bytes)

View attachment "lspci" of type "text/plain" (1572 bytes)

View attachment "lsusb" of type "text/plain" (408 bytes)

View attachment "proc_interupts" of type "text/plain" (1045 bytes)

View attachment "config-2.6.32.7-motoko" of type "text/plain" (57789 bytes)