Date:	Fri, 7 Nov 2014 11:11:11 +0100
From:	Ulf samuelsson <netdev@...gii.com>
To:	Brian Haley <brian.haley@...com>
Cc:	Netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: How to make stack send broadcast ARP request when entry is STALE?

The HP router is configured by a customer, and they intentionally limit replies
to broadcast, and that is how they want it.

In the previous version of the build system, the Interpeak stack was used
and this would in PROBE state send unicast ARP request, and if that failed
send broadcast ARP.

The native linux stack, when in PROBE state sends only unicast until it decides
that it should enter FAILED state.

The 'mcast_probes' variable seems to be totally ignored, except the first  time,
so I do not see why it is there.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson
ulf@...gii.com