Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 21:57:57 -0500
From: Bill Cox <waywardgeek@...il.com>
To: discussions@...sword-hashing.net
Subject: Re: [PHC] multiply-hardening (Re: NoelKDF ready for submission)

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 6:51 PM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:
> We can find and discuss plenty of excuses, but in PHC our job is to
> improve upon previous state-of-the-art, and this includes bcrypt and it
> being suitable for low durations and low memory needs.
>
> It is important to be able to show that our new password hashing scheme
> is not a downgrade from bcrypt.
>
> Alexander

Agreed, though as I said once before, I'm glad you're on the case.
The complexity of this problem is enticing, but in the end, you're
probably the right guy to achieve all of these goals in parallel.  I
feel that if anything, my contribution may be to push you a bit with
some decent competition on bandwidth, and maybe provide a bit of
insight into ASICs and FPGAs.

Bill