Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 16:34:36 +0200
From: Jean-Philippe Aumasson <jeanphilippe.aumasson@...il.com>
To: discussions@...sword-hashing.net
Subject: Re: [PHC] PHS API copyright?

I would not worry about the IP on the PHS API.

FWIW, the PHS API consists of only one function prototype specified on
https://password-hashing.net/call.html

That prototype was agreed upon by a subset of the panel members,
including myself. As copyright holders, I think we will all agree to
license it to anyone under public domain-like terms (CC0, Unlicense,
etc.).

That said, I believe it is necessary to clarify intellectual property
terms on the PHC website. I will discuss this with qualified people,
and will add the relevant statements to the website. Hopefully next
week.