Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 18:38:46 +0000
From: Marsh Ray <maray@...rosoft.com>
To: "discussions@...sword-hashing.net" <discussions@...sword-hashing.net>
Subject: RE: [PHC] PHS API copyright?

From: Krisztián Pintér [mailto:pinterkr@...il.com]

> i was under the impression that the PHC function have
> descriptive purposes only, not intended to be actually
> used. it is a programmer's way describing how to set
> up and invoke the alogrithm in a general way.

By having the same signature, it also allows test programs to swap out function pointers for maximally-fair comparisons.

While I too am shocked by the recent court ruling about APIs, it's hard to imagine it will be a huge impact on PHC. Jean-Philippe is "discussing this with qualified people".

Don't worry, we'll do the right thing.

- Marsh