Date: 5 Aug 2003 19:31:19 -0000
From: <matt@...orums.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Invision Board spoof and defacement

You've got to be kidding me?

>The vendor hasn't been notified because of their
>handling of previous vulnerabilties I found in Invision
>Board

I am extremely responsible with regards to security and in most
cases I've had a fix ready and available within 30 minutes of
receiving note of a vulnerability.

I take a dim view of posting exact details of vulnerabilities before
people have a chance to patch their board and I take a dim view of
needlessly alarming people with almost trivial matters, such as
this.

If you find a vulnerability in a program and you post details of
how to exploit it without notifying the vendor then that is very
irresponsible indeed.