Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 20:46:31 +0200
From: Peter Busser <peter@...steddebian.org>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Buffer overflow prevention

Hi!

> If we had been aware of PAX as you claim, why would we have thought
> that i386 solutions were impossible?

You have thought that i386 solutions were possible, because you have
implemented them.

> There is only one thing I have found the various PAX people to have in
> common; they are very persistant at calling other people liars.  Can
> you people please grow up?

I'd say that the one thing that ``the various PaX people'' have in common is
that they use PaX. I believe I am one of them and I don't call you a liar. I
also know others who probably fit your definition who do not call you a liar.

You get rewarded for working on OpenBSD by donations and by selling CDs. For
other people the only reward is often public acknowledgement. The way you have
presented W^R to the world, i.e. as if there was nothing like it on this planet
does not acknowledge the hard work of others. Hard work that implemented what
you thought was impossible before you even started thinking about it. I would
say that is impressive, don't you think so? When people contacted you about it,
you treated them in a manner that was not exactly what one might expect from
a grown-up person.

Groetjes,
Peter Busser
--
The Adamantix Project
Taking trustworthy software out of the labs, and into the real world