Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 01:36:51 -0400
From: Stan Bubrouski <stan@....neu.edu>
To: Stan Bubrouski <stan@....neu.edu>
Cc: Phuong Nguyen <dphuong@...oo.com>, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: LanSuite 2003 - Multiple Vulnerabilities

Oh,

One more minor buffer overflow/DOS I might as well
mention (I know of many more bugs in Lansuite, but
I think we damaged their product's reputation enough
this week) since its not too harmful.

Making long requests containing periods will cause
a buffer overflow in Lansuite.  IIRC an url consisting
of lots of './' would cause an overflow in Lansuite.

Again IIRC this is not exploitable because anything
other than periods and slashes will bypass the buggy
code and output an error page without overflowing the
buffer.  So as far as I remember this is only a remote
DoS vulnerability in Lansuite 2002, which probably
affects Lansuite 2003 as well...any confirm that?
Somewhere on DVD I have proof of concept scripts, I'll
see if I can dig 'em up.

-sb