Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 18:04:00 -0500
From: Wayne Schroeder <raz@...wies.net>
To: bipin gautam <visitbipin@...oo.com>
Cc: Full-Disclosure@...ts.netsys.com, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: !A stupid bug ...that works on mozilla, opera, IE!

I don't know sport... I think you need to double check your "'s and look
again.  Javascript console is just bitching on my mozilla saying that
the alert function isn't finished with a ) correctly.  Check out what
you are doing:

<script> function("string constant" literal javascript code "</script>

now see why it's saying ") .. the ") is outside what it considers a
close script tag -- now you are just back in html document land.  The
last </script> is just plain wrong and will most likely be ignored by
the browser and is just going to confuse any xml/html parser.  I get no
impression that any code is being compiled in a the javascript alert
functions string literal parameter.