Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 10:53:44 -0800
From: "Drew Copley" <dcopley@...e.com>
To: "Joe Quigley" <joe.quigley@...um.com>, <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Cc: <full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com>
Subject: RE: W2K source "leaked"?

What is knocking my opinion? I just said there is a problem. There are a
lot of potential solutions. And, it isn't a Windows only problem.

Some solutions are class based anomaly detection, kernel level hooking
(systrace), hardware and software protection against exploit code like
dll rebasing or secure compilers,  etc, etc.

A lot of companies have already been protecting their clients against
new vulnerabilities. This isn't a new issue at all. But, I don't think a
lot of people really think about it as they should.