Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 01:05:11 +0100
From: "Simon Lorentsen" <s.lorentsen@...cks.com>
To: "'Aycan iRiCAN'" <aycan@...e.gen.tr>,
   "'Murat Balaban'" <murat@...erunix.org>, <full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com>,
   <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: RE: Re: EnderUNIX Security Anouncement (Isoqlog and Spamguard)

In reply

As per your link....  I apologise for the paste.....

>It happened again today. Another one sold out, sacrificing their dreams
>to the corporate security machine.

Yeah sold out to prove there peers on irc that they are better then anyone
else, does it make you feel good ? your part of a dream, nothing more then
an interperation......

>Damn whitehats, noone believes in a cause anymore.

Yawn..... heard this before......

>Another bug was released today to the security mailing lists.

Sorry was using this bug to your own advantage..... like a kid being ratted
on by his friend for having his hand in the cookie jar.... heard of the term
grow up ?

>Damn Whitehats, they know not what they do.

Is there a parrot in the house ?

>Another potential computer genius was relegated to an existence of nothing
>more than than a 9-5 cubicle-dwelling promotional tool.

Really ? you have first hand experience of this ? shouting out the link for
this ? what experience do you have ? I'm guessing none....

>Damn whitehats, putting money before discovery.

Your getting repetitive.......

>Another family was ravaged by cooperations and governments bent on
>instituting control over individuality, monitoring every action..

Ever heard of life ?

>Another kid was sentenced today for searching for a way to understand
>the world. Convicted and imprisoned, not because of what he did, but
>because of what others thought he could do.

Don't you mean another kid was comparing the size of his penis on irc and
got caught because he was trying to be 'elite'..........

>Damn Whitehats - Fear keeps them in business.

No, it's people like you that that keep white hats in business, now tell me,
if you and your kind wasn't around, white hats wouldn't be around
either.....

>The public, believing anything it hears from "reputed experts". Screaming
>for blood. Looking for something to blame for their lost hope. Their
>lost ability to seek out new knowledge. Fear consumes them.  They cannot
>let go of their uncertainty and doubt because there is no meaning. They
>seek to destroy explorers, outlaws, curiosity seekers because they are
>told too. They are told these people that seek information are evil.
>Individuality is evil.  Judgment should be made based upon a moral
>standard set in conformity rather than resistance. Lives are ruined in
>the name of corporate profit and information is hoarded as a commodity.

Now your just ranting.......

>Damn Whitehats, you were once like us.

Maybe some were, but they grow up, they realized the damage that's caused to
innocent individuals and business, does the word terrorist spring to mind ?

>I was a Whitehat. I had an awakening. I saw the security industry for
>what is really is. I saw the corruption, the lies, the deceit, the
>extortion of protection money in the form of subscription services and
>snake-oil security consultants.

I doubt you were a white hat, or if you were, you felt you couldn't cut the
grade with your peers.......

>I wanted to know, I wanted to understand, I wanted to go further then
>the rest. I never want to be held down by contracts and agreements.

Does that mean causing damage to peoples files ? to peoples lively hoods ?

>You say I should grow up. You say I should find better things to do with
>my time. You say I should put my talent to better use. You're saying I
>should fall in line with the other zombies and forget everything I
>believe in and shun those with my drive, my curiosity, tell them it's
>not worth it, deny them of the greatest journey they will ever
>experience in their lives.

No one is asking you to forget, no one is asking you to fall in line, are
you saying you can't be unique ? are you saying you don't have a mind ? what
this is saying is you can't follow the lines of a white hat, but you can
follow the lines of a black hat ? different people, different rules... but
at the end of the day, your following an ideal, your following the ideals
set down by your peers..... hypocrite....

>I am not a blackhat. The term is insulting, it implies I am the opposite
>of you. You think i seek to defeat security, when I seek something
>greater.  I will write exploits, travel through networks, explore where
>you are afraid to go. I will not put myself in the spotlight and release
>destructive tools to the public to attract business. I will not feed
>the fear and hysteria created by the security industry to increase stock
>prices.  I can, and will, code and hack and find out everything I can
>for the same reasons I did years ago.

What are you then, a rainbow warrior ? I think you should really read this
the whole way through, before your starting linking to it..... just shows
more of your ignorance....

>I am a Hacker, dont try to understand me, you lost all hope of that when
>you crossed the line. You fail to see the lies and utter simplicity
>behind the computer security industry. Once, you may have shared my
>ideals. You fail to see the fact that security is a maintenance job.
>Youve given up hope for something better. You fail to see yourself as
>worthless, fueling an industry whose cumulative result is nothing. I
>dont hate you, I dont even really care about you - If you try to stop me,
>you will fail, because I do this out of love -- you do it for money.

Most people can see you for what you are, it's not a pretty picture and I am
guessing that at the end of the day, your be another face that is never
remembered......

>This is our world now.. the world of the electron and the switch, the
>beauty of the baud. We make use of a service already existing without
>paying for what could be dirt cheap if it wasn't run by profiteering
>gluttons, and you call us criminals. We explore... and you call us
>criminals. We seek after knowledge... and you call us criminals. We
>exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias...
>and you call us criminals. You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you
>murder, cheat and lie to us and try to make us belive it is for our own
>good, yet we're the ciminals.

So your not criminals ? so the dDoS'ing, the hacking, the rooting, it's
legal, it's fine to cause havoc on a machine that's used for business ? are
are you an ethical hacker, do you have morals ? or are you one of those that
just want to make a name for themselves,

>Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of
>judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My
>crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive
>me for.

So you are a criminal ? nah your crime is causing damage, your crime is
trying to be the best, maybe when you have grown up, your understand, every
action has a consequence, you think too small, yeah you may hit a vendor,
what happens to the guy who relys on the vendor to provide a service ? does
he deserve that ? are you that narrow minded ?

>I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You can't stop me, and you
>certainly can't stop us all.

No your another elite plank who needs to start thinking, who needs to start
seeing the consequences of his actions.........

Oh and regards to your tag line "Destroying something good has always been
damn easy compared to creating new work which obsiously requires much more
knowledge, talent and brain!".

I don't think that fits with the above manifesto........ maybe you should
read it all the way through...

Greetz....